Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Christmas Novella Accepted!

I made a brief mention of this on Twitter, but I didn't make any sort of official announcement, so I figured now would be a good time before I forgot.

First thing Monday morning, I got the news that my new novella, "Lucky," had been accepted into Dreamspinner Press's advent calendar anthology for this December.  That means that it'll be sold as part of the package of 30 stories, and it'll also go on sale individually with its own cover (and I know exactly what I plan for the cover already).  It'll be in ebook format.

I'm excited about this story because it's my first contemporary m/m romance.  It's also quite a bit less risky/controversial than the Undead Series or The Dragon Tamer.  Granted, I love writing risky stories, but if a low-risk story happens to inspire me, then I take it and run with it.

There are a few layers to "Lucky," but on its surface it's a sweet, fun holiday story about a guy who desperately needs a date to his company's Christmas party, but ever since he got his lucky dreadlocks cut off, he finds himself striking out left and right.

As we get closer to the release date, I'll share an excerpt or two.  In the meantime, I think I'll just sit here and do my happy dance. :)

2 comments: